The Golden Wheel 2017
On April 27th, 2017 the Golden Wheel celebrated its 20th anniversary at Artipelag. It was a gala night filled with creative meetings, a brilliant awards ceremony, and nature-inspired food. The evening ended in the foyer with a magnificent view of Baggensfjärden and dancing all the way into the wee hours.
The remaining guests arrived for a welcome drink in the foyer before the doors of the Artbox were opened and the awards ceremony began with host Gina Dirawi. The evening’s menu had the theme ”A Walk Around Artipelag” and consisted of beautifully decorated tabletops with inspiration from Artipelag’s incomparable nature. The raw materials that were served were mainly from local suppliers in Värmdö, and corresponding flavours (such as wild onion and juniper) had been gathered from Artipelag’s grounds. For the main course, young cockerel from Tockafarmen were served with the spring’s first vegetables, fresh potatoes in layers, and nettle juice. Dessert was specially designed and prepared by Artipelag’s own pastry chef Fredrik Otterberg. It was made with rhubarb, fennel, beetroot, and strawberries, capped with a golden wheel made out of chocolate.
The Awards Ceremony and entertainment took place throughout dinner and included performances by Ola Salo, Joy, Naomi Pilgrim and D1gits. The evening ended with a lively after party with a DJ and bar in the entrance hall overlooking the sparkling waters of Baggensfjärden.
Facts about The Golden Wheel
- The Golden Wheel is an annual Swedish gala aimed at celebrating the very best Swedish projects within the Event and Sponsorship industry.
- A total of 600 guests attended the 2017 gala held in the entrance hall and Artbox at Artipelag.
- The Sponsorship & Event Association organised this year’s evening.
- Among the 600 guests were members of the country’s leading agencies, buyers, suppliers, arenas, and destination developers.
- Photos on this page: Jonas Borg
– Niklas Birgetz, CEO Sponsorship & Events Association
”Thank you Artipelag for organising the 20th anniversary of The Golden Wheel. You have shown, in a superb way, that Artipelag is a place where you can gather large crowds for huge experiences. With a high level of service, great location, and a wonderful dining experience, I can’t wait to come back!”
– Mattias Walfridsson, CEO Heja!
”Artipelag is, from several perspectives, an amazing partner for an event organiser. With amazing premises, a beautiful location and a stunning dining experience – in addition to staff with a very high level of knowledge and dedication – Artipelag has been a pure pleasure to work with. I would say that Artipelag is a venue for B2B events that has unique opportunities that few can match.”
– Anna Breitholtz, Project Leader for Meetings & Events at Artipelag
”At Artipelag we want to offer something for all the senses. Partly an environment that is soothing and provides space for reflection, and partly an environment that has all the modern technical and practical conditions required to carry out both smaller and larger events.”